After the payment has been made, an Update Request Number (URN) is generated that can be used to check the status of the Aadhaar update request, which usually takes up to 90 days to complete. Once updated, you can download the updated version and get your Aadhar card print out.
For those not proficient in using internet can update Aadhaar card details offline. For this, they have to visit a nearby Aadhaar Enrolment Centre or Aadhaar Seva Kendra. You can find more details about such facilitation centres here.
What Details Can be Changed in the Aadhaar Card Offline?
Apart from all demographic data, an applicant’s biometrics data, mobile number and email id can also be updated/changed by visiting an Aadhaar Enrolment Centre or Aadhaar Seva Kendra. One should take the required documents for most of the demographic data update. No document is required for updating the biometrics, mobile number and email ID.
You can get details of your Aadhar card updated by visiting the Aadhaar Seva Kendra. This can be done by:
Make sure you enter that information which is correct and not the one that is mentioned in your Aadhaar.Attach self-attested copies of proof validating your update request and submit the Aadhar correction form along with documents.You need to pay a fee for every such visit to the Aadhaar Enrolment Centre for update or correction.You can get all your details including your biometric data, photograph, mobile number, etc. updated at the enrolment centre.
One can also visit various banks to update their Aadhaar card. For example, Axis Bank Aadhar card update allows you to make changes in your Aadhaar Card by visiting the nearest Axis Bank branch for a charge ofRs. 100 (if you are also updating biometrics) or Rs. 50 (if only demographics details are being updated).
Documents Required for Aadhar Card Update/Correctioncontaining name and photo for the carrying out the name correction:
- PAN card
- ECHS Photo card
- Voter Identification card Driving licence of the applicant Photo identity cards issued by the Government of India.
- Service photo ID cards issued by PSUs Legally approved name change certificate Either Ration or PDS Photo card.
- Licence of Arms Photo Bank ATM card Photo Credit card
- Photo card of the Pensioner Photo card of the Freedom Fighter Photo Passbook of Kisan
- Photo card of CGHS Certificate of Marriage Job card of NREGS
- Applicant’s proof of marriage document issued originally by the marriage Registrar Photo identification that is issued by some Recognised Educational Institution Handicapped medical certificate or a disability Identification card
- Identity Certificate containing the photo of the applicant on a proper letterhead and is issued by either the Gazetted Officer or the Tehsildar Residing Address card of the applicant that contains both the name and photo that was originally issued by the Department of Post
- Supported Proof of Address (PoA) Documents Required for Aadhaar Card Updating or Correction
- Account statement or passbook of the Post Office Statement of bank in which the applicant holds an account Passbook of bank where the applicant is an account-holder
- Ration Card
- Driving licence of the applicant Government-issued
- Photo identity card PSU issued Service photo ID card
- Previous 3 months’ electricity bill, water bill, telephone landline bill
- Spouse’s or partner’s passport
- Last three months’ Credit Card statement
- Insurance policy
- Photo and a letter signed by bank on letterhead
- Signed letter and photo on the letterhead of the company issued by the registered office
- Photo and signed letter issued by a well-known educational enterprise on their letterhead
- Job card of NREGS
- Arms licence
- Pensioner card
- Freedom fighter card
- Kisan passbook
- CGHS card
- Registered agreement for sale, lease or rent of the applicant’s residential address
- Receipt showing the Property Tax of the last 3 months
- Address Certificate issued by the Village Panchayat head or any authority equivalent to them for rural areas
- Assessment order of the Income Tax
- Registration certificate of vehicle
- ECHS card
- Photo and address card by the Department of Posts Caste andDo micile certificate along with a photo that the State Government has issued
- For minors, parents’ passport is required
- Address certificate along with a photo on their letterhead that is issued either by an MP, MLA, Gazetted Officer or Tehsildar
- Previous 3 month’s bill of gas connection.
- Either a handicapped medical certificate or a disability Identification card that is issued by either a State Government, UT Government or any Administrations
- Supported Proof of Date of Birth (DoB) Documents for Updating or Correction
- Birth Certificate
- Certificate/SSLC Book
- Passport of the applicant
- Pension Payment Order (Central or State) PAN Card
- Marksheet issued by a Government Board/University
- Photo ID card containing DOB, issued by recognized Educational Institution
- An ID Card or certificate having photo and DOB duly signed and issued by a Government authority Government Photo Id Card or PSU issued ID card or Photo Identity Proof or which contains DoB
- Date of birth Certificate on their letterhead issued by either the Tehsildar or the Gazetted Officer
- Ex-Servicemen Contributory Health Scheme Photo Identity card or Central Government Health Service Scheme Photo Card
- School Leaving Certificate (SLC)/School Transfer Certificate (TC) having name and DOB
- Extract of School Records issued by Head of School containing DOB, name and photo Certificate of Identity containing name, date of birth and photograph issued by recognized Educational Institution signed by Head of Institute Certificate of identity containing name, DOB and photograph issued by EPFO
- Supported Proof of Relationship (PoR) Documents for Updating or Correction
- PDS Card
- MNREGA Job card
- Marriage Certificate
- Pension card Canteen card of the Army
- Passport of the applicant
- Any family entitlement document issued by any State or Central Government
- Birth Certificate issued by Registrar of Birth/Municipal Corporation or any local government body
- Medical card issued by the State Government, ECHS, CGHS and also ESIC
- Address card having name and photo issued by Department of Posts Bhamashah Card/Jan-Aadhaar card issued by Govt. of Rajasthan Discharge card/slip issued by Government hospitals for birth of a child
- Certificate of Identity containing photo issued by MP/MLC/MLA/Gazetted Officer/Municipal Councillor
- Certificate of Identity containing photo and relationship with HoF issued by Village Panchayat Head/Mukhiya/its equivalent authority (for rural areas)
Things to be kept in mind while undertaking changes in Aadhar Card:
- The changes that you enter must be correct and appropriate documents which an individual is attaching with the form must be approved and self-attested.
- Your required details must be filled in English or in the local language.
- While correcting the Aadhaar card details, it must be made sure that the URN is kept safe as it helps to track the Aadhar card status.
- In case, your mobile number is not registered, then you must visit the nearest Aadhaar Enrolment to make corrections in your Aadhaar card.
- Make sure that all the details entered in the correction form are filled in capital letters.
- All the necessary information must be filled and no option should be kept unattended.
- Only those documents that are required as proof should be attached along with the form.