Reliance Jio is expanding its online gaming portfolio with the launch of JioGamesWatch. The all-new JioGamesWatch brings a live streaming option to Reliance JioGames. According to the company, JioGamesWatch aims to bring an immersive and interactive game streaming experience through the click of a button across multiple Jio devices. The JioGamesWatch will give content creators and influencers in the gaming space a live streaming platform to reach out to a wider audience. It will also allow gaming fans to live stream gaming content of their favourite gamers across genre; learn from their skills and gameplay.
As the company says, JioGamesWatch platform aims to empower and enable creators to go live, with any device, under low latency, and showcase their content to millions of viewers. It will offer content creators on the platform viewer engagement tools including audience polls and Emotes. Fans of these streamers can find their content from live gameplays to video-on-demand (VOD) streams on JioGamesWatch.
What is JioGames
Announced in 2019, JioGames is an all-in-one gaming app available for all JioFiber-enabled Jio Set-top Boxes (STBs), Android TVs, JioPhone and Android smartphones. It can be downloaded from the Google Play Store. The platform quietly launched on iOS devices earlier this year, with the first version showing April 2022. It gives users access to a portfolio of games that they can either directly tap and play or download and play. Users need Internet connection to play games on JioGames. Reliance Jio connection is not compulsory to download JioGames. Users can log in to the app from both Jio and non-Jio networks.
Key highlights and features of JioGamesWatch include
- Cross-platform availability: Available on Jio Set-top-box (STB) on the home screen and smartphones. JioGamesWatch is available as a feature only in the JioGames App with availability on Android, iOS and STB in India.
- Video on demand (VOD): Users can subscribe to any stream from creators and influencers.
- Various community events: Creators can engage with their viewers through various esports events.
- Seamless experience: Creators can Stream in high definition with no lag or buffering.
- Mobile Streaming: Creators can go live on the platform with various resolutions enabling them to Stream in FHD (1920x1080p), HD (1280x720p), and so on with low latency.
- Creator Resources & Tutorials: Creators resources are available on the Platform for ready reference which includes FAQs, as well as a guide on how to go Live on the