You need Aadhar card for many important work. But Aadhaar is not made only for adults. You can also get Aadhar card made for small children present in the house.
UIDAI has given this information by tweeting on its Twitter handle that you can get child Aadhaar made with the help of only 2 documents. In these documents, the child’s birth certificate, hospital discharge slip or school ID card is required. Apart from this, the Aadhar card of one of the parents will also be necessary.
Biometric will not be taken
Since the biometrics of children younger than five years keep changing, therefore biometrics are not taken at such a young age. But as soon as the child is more than five years old, you can go to the Aadhaar center to get the child’s biometric updated.
This base will be of blue colour
Aadhar card for children below 5 years of age is blue in colour. This is also known as Bal Aadhar. This can be updated as the child grows up.
Register for Aadhar Card Online
1. First of all you have to go to the official website of UIDAI.
2. Select the option of Aadhar Card Registration
3. You will have a form download, fill all the necessary information in it.
4. Now you will have to go to the Aadhaar center near you with this form. Here you will be given a date.
5. On the date received, reach the Aadhar center with all the necessary documents.